Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Day in the life of Braedyn

Let's start by saying, I have the most wonderful child on the planet! I know all parents could say the same thing! My son Braedyn is a typical child living with Down Syndrome.

Braedyn is a very active boy who also has ADHD, OCD, and ODD (oppositional defiance disorder.)
Let me just say, I love the fact that my son has Down Syndrome, I really do not like the labels, but we do live with it! One day, he might grow out of the labels. Braedyn is a super high functioning child, has great language, and has wonderful athletic skills. He plays baseball and is really good at throwing, catching, and batting. He can throw better than me, and I am a grown woman!

The school reports he is awesome on the field, and plays every sport enthusiastically...Special Olympics look out in a couple of years, Braedyn will knock the socks of all his competitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment